Tuesday, April 23, 2013

First day of "eatin' season!"

Well, it's official - i ate something that grew out in my backyard!   I guess this season I'll be making paleo, seasonal food  - which shouldn't be too hard, since what I grow is vegetables, and that's what we're supposed to eat...right?

So this morning I made myself a mushroom and backyard chive-and-marjoram omelet.   These tender herbs are the very first things to come up in spring (other than garlic shoots...which I skipped in the fall and, as always, miss in the spring!)  verdict?    I don't actually like Marjoram.   Bought it at the local garden shop to try something new...turns out it was the ubiquitous herb-of-choice in Ecuador during my study abroad....and although I enjoy the time warp quality of eating something I haven't had in a while, I pretty much made myself forever sick of that herb (as well as chamomile tea!).

So....anyone want some marjoram?  (ie, wild oregano?)

No comments:

Post a Comment