Wednesday, June 16, 2010

potato flowers and, garden stir fry and birthday apple Trees!

So - garden updates:

1) one, it's been wicked cold and rainy in the past couple of weeks, so pretty much nothing has grown - or shrunk, so I guess it's even steven.

2) two, we have some food in the works - little tiny eggplants, raspberries and some bok choi.





 3) three, we're making another garden dinner tonight - with a little help from Boston Organics.   Homegrown green onions and bok choi in the stir fry, along with onions, garlic, broccoli and squash and various Asian condiments.   This time of year we just have a few garden items ready: radishes, lettuce, Asian Greens, green onions, peas and herbs, so I try to find ways to work them into dinner when I can - I find they add a lot of flavor.



4) Plus, we have some new, odd, exotic flowers....


Potato flowers!   Who knew that such ugly plants could grow such nice flowers.....some folks say you can harvest right after they flower, but I'm still waiting a bit.



Last, best birthday present ever:  Columnar Apple Trees....

Now I will possibly have apple trees growing in my backyard - of my rental apartment.   Apparently they will grow right off the tree.   More updates as they grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment