Sunday, November 4, 2012

What do you eat on an anti-inflammation cleanse?

So....  this morning I made the most amazing scramble:  late-fall "found" green onions (i.e. I forgot to pick them this summer), garden jalapenos (de-seeded, cause I'm a wimp), and smoked salmon in scrambled eggs (with coconut milk).   Served with bacon, a big helping of greens, coffee, and a slice of avocado - lemon juice and evoo over all.   I would've taken a picture, but it was so good I ate it all before any pictures could be took.
Bone broth in slow cooker

And, I'm back experimenting with new recipes (my favorite!).  Today I'm using big beef femur bones to make bone broth in the slow cooker  (I'll put up a link to a website with a pretty good recipe).


I also made my own mayonnaise yesterday!   Not very hard, as it turns out....but I'll have to check out more recipes, because this one was too mustardy.

Homemade Mayo


And last, I'm making one frittata a week: meat, veggies, and eggs all cooked in a cast iron pan, slipped into the oven for 10 minutes, then broiled for 2.    It's a good "to go" breakfast.


The only downside - I'm kind of exhausted from all the shopping, prep, cooking, eating and cleaning I'm doing.   I know I cook more on the weekends to have leftovers for the week, but still....it's a lot to cook everything for every meal.  

Chorizo sausage, spinach, pepper n squash frittata




Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment